Do you want to use your Airpods with your Mac? Many iPhone users also have a Mac and a great sounding headset can be helpful when listening to music during work or watching videos and presentations.
They;re also surprisingly useful during conference calls, as Airpods do not have the bulk of big headphones, but provide terrific audio and microphone capabilities. Here is a detailed guide on how you can connect Apple’s Airpods to your Mac.
Airpods are some of the best truly wireless earphones out there. They are very popular amongst iPhone users and are a symbol of technological luxury, mainly because they set the trend for truly wireless earbuds.
Before Airpods, most earphones, even with Bluetooth, had a wire. However, when companies realized the potential such devices had, they wanted to have some of that market share as well. This resulted in a surge of similar products, some even as cheap as $20.
Airpods have still maintained their popularity, evident by the fact that about 60 million units were sold in 2019, which equates to 71% of wireless headphones sold. There is no doubt that these are one of the best accessories sold by Apple. The fame of this product made Apple manufacture two more version, named Airpods 2 and Airpods Pro, the latter of which is regarded as arguably the best active noise cancellation truly wireless earphone available.
No products found.
Now even non-Apple fans are using them with their phones. It was only a matter of time that users started enjoying the truly wireless time with their Mac.
Connect Airpods to Mac
Learning how to pair Airpods to your iPhone is easy, since it will generally be the only device connected with the earphones. With multiple devices (i.e. your iPhone and your Mac), you'll have to unpair from one and pair it to another. Many aren't aware of this process. Hence, they just give up trying to use their Airpods on another device. There is no need to worry since the actual process is relatively straightforward and takes only a minute. Here is how to do it.
- Go to the settings on your iPhone.
- Click on the Bluetooth section.
- Locate your Airpods name.
- Click on them and disconnect. Don't select "Forget this device."
- Open the lid of the case.
- Hold the button on the back of the case.
- Let go of it when the light inside starts blinking.
- Your Airpods are now in pairing mode.
- Open your Mac.
- Click on the Apple logo on the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Select the "System preferences" option. Choose the Bluetooth option.
- A window will open up
- They will display the name of your Airpods.
- Click pair, and then you'll be connected.
To use your Airpods on your iPhone again, just disconnect from your Mac and reconnect to your phone.