Ever wanted to convert a JPEG (or a JPG) to PDF on your Mac? It's incredibly simple for any format. Just read on to find out how!
Table of Contents
Convert JPEG to PDF using Preview
Step One: Open the JPEG file in Preview
First, open the file in Preview that you want to convert into PDF (it will open in Preview automatically anyway when you double click the image).
Step Two: Export the file
Next, go to the File menu and select "Export."
Step Three: Export the file
Now type what you would like the name of the PDF to be in the "Export As" field, select where you would like the file to be saved, and select "PDF" as the Format. You have now converted the JPEG to a PDF.
Use an Online Converter
There are many converters available online, which help you easily convert JPEG files to PDF in a matter of seconds. In our experience SmallPDF and iLovePDF work the smoothest. Here is a step-by-step guide on using these two tools.
- Go to SmallPDF. You will see the option to either drag and drop your jpeg file or chose file.
- Add the JPEG file you want to be converted. Once you see it in the queue, go ahead, and hit "Create PDF Now."
- SmallPDF will now convert your JPEG file to PDF. You can save them to your Mac by clicking "Download."
- Go to iLovePDF. You will see the option to either drag and drop your jpeg file or chose file.
- Add the JPEG file you want to be converted. Once you see it in the queue, go ahead and hit "Convert to PDF."
- iLovePDF will now convert your JPEG file to PDF. You can save them to your Mac by clicking "Download PDF."
While the Preview method works great, in our experience, if you have a decent internet connection, the online conversion methods work better and smoother—one of their most considerable advantage is converting bulk files at once. Even though there are hundreds if not thousands of converters out there, from our experience while writing this review, SmallPDF and iLovePDF worked best.