Do you want to listen to music without the internet? One way to do so is by downloading audio files from YouTube videos. Here is our guide that takes you through the process.
There are a few ways of downloading YouTube audio. All of them are similar with a few differences. The first one involves downloading an installer for Youtube and then installing songs from there. There are multiple such applications that you can use. In our testing, ClipGrab performed the best. It's entirely free for download and use. Here is how to do it.
- Open your web browser and click here.
- Select the "Free Download!" option and wait for the file to install.
- Click on the ".dmg" file on your Mac's home screen and drag the on-screen ClipGrab icon to Applications.
- Search for the audio you want to download on Youtube and copy the URL from the search box. Alternatively, you can click on "Share" and download the link to the video from there.
- Open the app using Finder and paste the link here.
- Switch the "Format" to "MP3 (audio only)" and click on "Grab this clip."
- Wait for the file to download.
The second method is almost the same as the first one. The software that we will use is called Yout.com. It works similarly to ClipGrab but doesn't require any installation.
- Head to Yout.
- Copy and paste the link, as previously explained.
- Select the MP3 format.
- The download will start.
- You can also select the" MP4" option for videos or even "GIF."