The MacBook is a beautiful piece of tech and seen as a symbol of creative luxury. However, because of this, they can suffer from fragility. A similar problem occurs with other laptops. You can either have a thin and light device or a durable one. Carelessness can result in a bent, dented, or a scratched laptop. To overcome these problems, we recommend you always keep your MacBook Pro in a protective sleeve when its not in use.
Table of Contents
Factors To Look For In A Sleeve
Sleeves protect your MacBook but also fulfill several of secondary needs. Keep these factors in mind when deciding on which product to purchase. Here is what you should look for.
The safety of any tech device is essential, but different people require varying degrees of protection. For example, if your MacBook Pro is in a high-risk environment such as with children, then you'll need to buy a more heavy-duty sleeve. However, if your MacBook isn't in danger of falling or getting damaged, then you can go with a less protective one. You can adjust your priorities accordingly. It should be noted that a sleeker sleeve provides less protection.
The MacBook is one of the most beautifully built laptops. Manufacturers spend years coming up with the perfect design. Sadly, to prevent damage, we have to cover these. Many might not care about the aesthetics of a device, while others may consider it to be a vital aspect.
You may carry around other things along with your MacBook Pro. If you want to carry something else, without a bag, then your sleeve needs to have storage compartments. Hard drives, chargers, and other things are stored in the extra pocket spaces for ease of carrying.
Best MacBook Pro Sleeves
Perfection is unattainable in any aspect of life. Similarly, there is no perfect sleeve, since they fulfill different requirements. You'll need to figure out what you are looking for in a product. The list we've compiled is a great starting point in figuring out potential options when buying. There are thousands of similar products in the market, each providing a unique experience. Discussing all of them will be impossible, so we included a few of the notable ones.
Tomtoc Slim Laptop Sleeve
One of the most luxurious items in the world is leather. From watch straps to car seats, it's found everywhere as a benchmark for high quality. Tomtoc is here to provide all that at an affordable price. This laptop sleeve uses Felt and PU leather with a slim and ergonomic design. You are provided with various size options to store anything between an iPad Air to a MacBook Pro 16-inch. There is also a small back pocket to store other things like stationary, earphones, etc.
Once your Macbook Pro is in the sleeve you also have the option to charge it, as the charging port is exposed. For around $20, the Tomtoc Slim Laptop Sleeve is a fantastic option. It may not be the thinnest or even the most protective product on the market, but it does the job well. The terrific design and other vital elements put Tomtoc on this list.
- Custom Made for a Perfect Fit: Internal dimensions: 11.97" x 8.36" x 0.61"; Perfect fit 13-inch New MacBook Air with Retina Display A2179 A1932| 13" New MacBook Pro with USB-C A2251 A2289 A2159 A1989...
- Slim & Lightweight: Ultra slim design, allows this case to be carried solo or fit in your favorite bag for more protection
- Easy Charging: Specifically designed a custom side slit for quick and easy access to your laptop’s charging port, No need to go through the trouble of removing the computer from the case when your...
- Storage Galore: One main compartment for Laptop and second large rear compartment for tablets, cell phones, kindles, etc. Makes carrying your valuables a no-hassle affair
- Work in Style: Caramel leather and charcoal felt exterior, is the perfect accessory for today’s professionals who want to protect their laptop in style
Apple Leather Sleeve
If you want a first-party accessory, then we have got you covered too. Apple designs their Macbook leather sleeves, which are available in Midnight Blue, Saddle Brown, or Black. Coming in at around $200, the price is difficult to justify, especially considering you can get Airpods with that sort of money. However, these are arguably the best and thinnest leather sleeves on the market. Since Apple makes it, the quality is top-notch. There is an Apple logo imprinted on the front and the inside has a microfiber lining to protect your device. The supported devices include the Macbook Pro and Air 13-inch.
It should be noted that the sleeve doesn't have any additional pockets. Unlike our previous entry, you can't charge it while within the case. If you want an official Apple sleeve and have the money, then we recommend buying it. Although, for most users, there are other better options.
- 16-INCH CASE - designed for 16-inch MacBook Pro 2019-2020. Also fits other 15-15.6 inch laptop. Interior dimensions: 14.4 x 9.9 inches
- SUPER SLIM - keeps bulk to a minimum
- STYLISH & MINIMAL - Front and back of sleeve are made of premium synthetic leathers, 100% animal-free.
- SOFT INSIDE - The interior of the cover that is facing the MacBook comes from the finest felt
- 100% FLAT - conveniently used as a bottom pad adding extra protection while using the computer
Thule Gauntlet 3.0
If protection is what you're looking for, then this offering by Thule might satisfy your needs. At around $60, the price is on the higher side, but we think it's worth it if you like the product. The outer shell uses a rigid Polyurethane layer, which provides excellent drop resistance. There is a padded interior design for impact protection and you can get it for the 13 or 15-inch Macbook Pros. The Gauntlet isn't the best-looking product, but it will protect your precious MacBook for sure.
- Fits a 15" MacBook Pro with Retina display
- A rigid exterior provides added protection to your device
- Enhanced corner and edge protection
- Padded interior protects hardware from bumps and scratches
- The clamshell design enables you to use your device while still in the case and helps protect from the elements.
V Voova Laptop Carrying Sleeve
The previously mentioned products were amazing in their own right but did not provide additional storage. V Voova is here to fix that. There are two zippers at the front, which are more than enough to store multiple accessories like chargers, headphones, etc. The sleeve provides excellent protection, including water resistance, so that you can carry your Macbook Pro without any worry. It's made up of a velvet lining and offers multiple colors, including Gray, Blue, Pink, etc. All laptops from 11 to 15.6 inches are supported. The V Voova carrying sleeve is the cheapest one on this list coming in at less than $20. If you are unsure of your requirements, then this is an excellent option for you.
- Compatible Devices - Internal dimensions: 13.6 x 9.8 x 0.8 inches, compatible with most 13-13.3 inch laptop computers or notebook like Macbook Pro/Air/Retina 13"/iPad...
- Extra Storage Space - Two pockets in front, enough space to keeping mouse, cable, cellphone, memory cards, external hard drive, pens etc.
- Ultra-slim & Lightweight - Slim, portable and lightweight to take alone, or slide it into your briefcase, backpack or any other bag, perfect for business, school or travel.
- Shockproof - Multiple Layers Protection, polyester foam padding layer and nylon fabric lining for bump and shock absorption, protect your computer from accidental scratches.
- Excellent Detail: Use Exquisite zipper and reinforced stitching on all stress points, ensuring the bag does not fall apart when carrying heavy goods. The first verticle designed laptop bag, you will...