Are you looking for a the best portable charging brick for your iPhone? Finding a good charging brick can be difficult for the average user. Don't worry. Here is a roundup of some of the best power bricks available in the market.
Table of Contents
Features To Look For
Whenever shopping for anything, you should make a checklist of features you should look for. Only buy the product that checks all the boxes. However, shortlisting the important features for a charging brick can be difficult. You are bombarded with terms like "Power Delivery," which may be confusing. Don't panic. Here are all the necessary things that all users with an iPhone should look for when buying a new charging brick.
For the past few years, fast charging has become popular amongst smartphone users. Users marvel at the prospect of getting their iPhone from 0% to 100% in less than two hours or even one hour. Apple introduced its version of this technology as a separate add-on accessory. Sadly, it is really high priced. You can get third party alternatives for much cheaper. That's why make sure to buy a power brick with a fast-charging USB-C port if you have the cable for it.
As previously stated, the fast charging technology uses a USB-C port. If your brick doesn't have one, it can be a pain. On the other hand, if you don't use fast charging, then make sure that it has a USB-A port. Some power bricks have multiple USB ports of different types. Those make your device future proof in case of an upgrade and can be useful if you have multiple devices. Make sure that both ports support simultaneous fast charging if you go that route.
Durability is the most critical factor, as a durable product can last a few years, eradicating the need to purchase one every few months. Fused power bricks can be incredibly annoying, so make sure to read as many reviews by users as well as by professional reviewers as you can. In some extreme cases, a faulty brick may damage your device or even become hazardous to be around. Determining the durability of a power brick can be difficult solely through descriptions and photos - we have mentioned in our list the tried and testes durable power bricks out there.
Top iPhone Power Bricks
We know how difficult it can be to search for the perfect product. Luckily, here is a list of the most fantastic power bricks that will provide unique features and are completely reliable. All of these do their job really well.
Anker 30W 2 Port Fast Charger
Anker has a (deserved) excellent reputation in the tech world for making amazing products. They make a wide variety of devices, from headphones to speakers to even keyboards. Their energy products like power banks and chargers are easily recommendable.
All Anker charging bricks have a unique fast charging technology called "Anker's PowerIQ" (it will basically ensure that your device is charged at the fastest rate it supports, but no more). The Anker 30W 2 Port Fast Charger has two ports, one of both kinds. It also has a foldable plug making it better for travel and easy carrying. There is a Multi protect safety feature ensuring that none of your devices gets damaged.
At around $20, this isn't the cheapest product out there, but it earns its price tags really well.
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Less Time Charging: Patented PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technologies charge any device at its fastest possible speed, up to 2.4A. (Does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge.)
- Durable Design: Robust textured casing and premium internal components ensure perfect performance regardless of scrapes, bumps, or drops.
- Travel Ready: Compact design, foldable plug, and 100-240 volt input are ideal for worldwide travel.
- What You Get: Anker PowerPort 2 Elite, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
Those looking for something a bit more extreme should divert their attention to the Anker PowerPort series. These are power hubs with USB ports as well as DC output for providing power to multiple devices. They contain at least two fast-charging USB ports as well as a few regular plugs. It works exceptionally well with a desk set up where you might have a laptop or a computer along with your iPhone. Besides that, you're provided with all of Ankers's regular features like an 18-month warranty.
- One for All: 3 AC outlets and 3 USB ports power everything on your desk from a single compact hub (18W max output from the USB ports and 1250W from the AC outlets).
- High-Speed Charging: Deliver an optimized charge to USB devices with Anker's world-renowned PowerIQ technology.
- Compact and Portable: Less than 2 ½ cubic inches, for maximum space-saving at home or in your travel bag.
- Superior Safety: Overload protection and a fire-retardant casing ensure complete protection for you and your devices.
- What You Get: PowerPort Cube, adhesive strip, welcome guide, worry-free 18-month warranty, lifetime* $25,000 connected equipment warranty, and friendly customer service.
RAVPower 90W 2-Port Wall Charger
RAVpower is also one of the best companies when it comes to mobile and laptop accessories. The RAVPower 90 W features two USB-C ports and both of them support simultaneous fast charging at 45W. This feature is excellent for those with a MacBook or an iPad. Your iPhone doesn't really require that much energy, but other devices can undoubtedly benefit from it.
RAVpower advertises the ability to charge your MacBook Pro in under 2 hours, which is very impressive. It also features a plethora of safety mechanisms to ensure your devices remain safe. At around $45, this item isn't for everybody, but it's a definite buy for MacBook and iPhone users. Considering there is a high-quality 1.5 m USB-C to USB-C Charging Cable included, we think that RAVPower provides a great value despite the high price tag.
- PD3. 0 90W Total Output: Powerful enough to fast charge your MacBook Pro 15” within 2 hours also brings stable high-speed charging to other laptops that rate under or over 90W
- Dual Device Fast Charging: Performance-boosting smart power distribution detects & optimizes the power for the connected devices; charge two laptops simultaneously. Comes with one USB-C to USB-C...
- Universal Compatibility: Perfected to work with both PD & QC charging protocols for seamless use with all USB-charged devices such as MacBook Pro/Air iPad Pro iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/XR/XS/X Pixel...
- Advanced GaN Tech: GaN tech & Pi chip work in tandem to lower power consumption maximize charging efficiency to over 93% provide up to 90W of charging power & shrink the size for a small solid...
- Comprehensive Protection: Engineered to completely guard against overheating overcurrent overvoltage & short-circuit issues for a safe performance
AUKEY 18W PD Fast Charger
Aukey, like the others, is also greatly praised for manufacturing excellent accessories. Those looking for a cheap charging brick that does the bare minimum should consider this item. It has a single fast charging Type-C port and there is also a USB-A version which is much cheaper.
The charger looks awfully similar to Apple's own bricks that comes with the box. However, unlike those, it supports 18W fast charging. It is also extremely durable and will last a few years.
At around $15, this is one of the cheapest USB-C charging bricks that is reliable. The Aukey 18W PD Fast Charger is MacInfo recommended!
- 【 High-Speed Charging 】 Fast charge your iPhone 11 / 11 Pro / 11 Pro Max, Google Pixel 2 / 2 XL 3 / 3 XL, or other compatible USB-C devices that support USB Power Delivery
- 【 USB Power Delivery 】 Next-generation, future-proof fast charging technology that charges your USB Type-C phone or tablet at up to 18W
- 【 Safe & Reliable 】 Built-in safeguards protect your devices against excessive current, overheating, and overcharging
- 【 Compact & Portable 】 Extremely compact form factor and foldable plug ensure maximum portability wherever you go. Handy for home, office, and vacations
- 【 Package Contents 】 AUKEY PA-Y18 USB C Wall Charger with 18W Power Delivery PD 3.0, User Manual