Is the Apple Magic mouse a bit too expensive for you? Apple makes great products, but they are often what some would call overpriced. This is best seen with the Magic Mouse, which can cost about $70. It does pack several amazing features, but sadly comes with a price tag that comes hard for your wallet.
Luckily, the market has hundreds of alternatives, some of them even better than the real deal. Just because there is an expensive device out there doesn't mean you can't find quality, or even something potentially better, at a lower price.
Table of Contents
Top Apple Magic Mouse Alternatives
Logitech Pebble M350 Wireless Mouse
You come across Logitech every time you start researching a new accessory for your Mac. Logitech is a company that makes excellent peripherals. They have earned quite a reputation for making consistently excellent and reliable hardware, which is the choice for multiple people.
Hence, the Logitech Pebble M350 makes it to our list. The pebble series include thin and light mice, which provide one of the best functionality for the price. It doesn’t come with high-end features like programmable buttons or sidewards scrolling, but the average user doesn’t need all that. What they do provide is more than enough for almost all every normal user.
This is best shown in their design, which is super ergonomic and honestly, beautiful. Both left and right-handed people can use the mouse easily. Moreover, it has an 18-month battery life, which should be enough for most users. The Bluetooth quality is excellent, and it provides fantastic precision. There are three colors available - Blue Green, Off White, and Pink. For less than $30, this is an amazing product that you should definitely consider if you're in the market.
- Modern, slim and beautiful pebble shape - Logitech pebble has stand-out simplicity with a design that is nice to hold, feels great in your hand and is easy to carry around
- Silent clicks and ultra-quiet scrolling - enjoy the same click feel with over 90% noise reduction on the click sound
- Dual connectivity - connect the way you like via Bluetooth wireless technology or via the included tiny USB receiver
- Long battery life - Logitech pebble stays powered for up to 18 months on a single AA battery*. *battery life may vary based on user and computing conditions
- High-precision Optical tracking - Logitech pebble tracks Fast and accurately where you want to use it
TENMOS Wireless Bluetooth Mouse
A significant feature that many high-end accessories have is RGB lighting. Products like laptops might need backlighting for usability in the dark, but others like mice don’t really require it. Many still love it, and if you’re one of those, then you will like the TENMOS Wireless Bluetooth Mouse.
This isn’t a traditional Apple Magic Mouse alternative in any sense, but those who really want an RGB Bluetooth mouse should really consider buying it. Since the lighting is the main selling point, we should talk about that first.
There is a 7 color LED strip below the buttons of the mouse. They aren’t too bright or in your face but actually look decent, unlike some other mice in this price segment. The lights, along with the device itself, shut down after 10 minutes of inactivity, but you can wake it up by clicking any button. There are many colors like Matte Black, Glossy Black, Pink, etc. It works just as well as any cheap mouse. That’s not to say that it’s bad, but there are no unique or mind-blowing features.
It charges via USB Type C, which is good to see, but the cable for it isn’t included. Instead, you are given a Type C to micro USB adapter. It comes with Bluetooth 5.1 and can support 2 devices at once. You’ll just need to click a button to switch devices. Overall for less than $20, we think that it is an amazing option for any users looking for an LED mouse that provides fantastic functionality at a decent price.
- 【DUAL MODE BLUETOOTH MOUSE(BT 5.1 + 2.4GHz)】Dual mode wireless mouse realizes free switches between two devices with one mouse only by simply toggle switching.It can connecting one device through...
- 【BUILT-IN BATTERY AND AUTO ENERGY-SAVING】The mouse built-in rechargeable battery, with a charging cable. No need to change batteries.To saving power, the mouse will fall asleep after 10 minutes...
- 【WIDE COMPATIBILITY】2.4GHz mode works with laptop, desktop or any device with USB port, simply plug the USB receiver and play directly. Bluetooth mode works with Windows/ Android/ MAC OS system....
- 【3 ADJUSTABLE DPI LEVELS AND SILENT CLICK】 Among 1000, 1200 and 1600 to meet different needs. Special soundless design for the right and left buttons, make you concentrate on working or playing...
- 【PORTABLE & POCKET SIZE】Lightweight, slim design make it perfectly for travel, easy to put in your laptop bag or pockets.
New Microsoft ARC Mouse
Those looking for a true Apple Magic Mouse alternative should check out the New Microsoft ARC Mouse. Microsoft is a real Apple competitor. Not only do they compete in computer operating systems, but hardware as well. The Surface Pro is made to compete with the iPad. On the other hand, the Surface Laptop is manufactured to compete with the MacBook. It was bound to happen that their accessories would compete against each other as well.
The ARC is a thin and light mouse that offers practically the same features like the Magic Mouse. The significant difference is in the form factor. The ARC has an intuitive flat design which can be bent from the center to turn on the mouse and use it. Bending it back to the flat shape will turn it off. The grip is extremely comfortable, and the design is really unique and loved by many. There are multiple colors - Pink, Burgundy, Black, etc. The price is much more appealing. While originally it cost as much as the Magic Mouse, you can often find it discounted for less than $60.
- Ultra-slim and lightweight.
- Snaps flat and slips easily into a pocket or bag.
- Optimized design for the most natural interaction.
- Innovative full scroll plane lets you scroll both vertically and horizontally.
- Enjoy precise tracking, with optimized left and right click.
Logitech MX Master 2S Wireless Mouse
As previously mentioned, Logitech makes some great products and they have managed to get on our list twice in this article! Unlike the previous option, this one isn’t really an Apple Magic Mouse alternative; it is for those looking for much more.
The Logitech MX Master 25 Wireless Mouse is not a very thin and light device, but what it loses in portability makes up for in productivity. It can be connected to three devices. Furthermore, there are two extra buttons for those who want additional productivity. The feel is exceptionally nice, and everything about this mouse is top-notch.
The only disappointment is that it doesn’t feature an ambidextrous design. It comes in White, Teal or Black. The price tag is higher than all our other options, at around $100, but it is well worth every penny. We recommend anyone who has the money and is looking for an extreme productivity mouse to go for this one.
- Advanced ergonomic design: Perfectly sculpted, hand crafted shape supports your hand and wrist in a comfortable, natural position
- Auto shift scrolling: Speed adaptive scroll wheel auto shifts on the fly from click to click to hyper fast scrolling; Wireless operating distance: 10 m
- Battery: rechargeable Li-Po (500 mAh) battery. Rechargable battery: Upto 70 days of power on a single charge; Number of buttons: 7
- Cross computer control: Game changing capacity to navigate seamlessly on 3 computers, and copy paste text, images, and files from 1 to the other using Logitech flow
- Dual connectivity: Use with upto 3 Windows or Mac computers via included Unifying receiver or Bluetooth Smart wireless technology